Who Can Apply
- Applicants with any of the following qualifications are eligible to apply:
- High School or grade 12 graduation diploma
- I.G.C.S.E./G.C.S.E./ G.C.E. ‘O’ level certificates with results not lower than C in at least 5 subjects;
- G.E.D. certificate and diploma;
- IB certificate with scores not lower than 4 in at least 5 subjects;
- ‘A’ level certificate with grades not lowers than “E” in at least 3 subjects;
- Record of Learning with scores not lower than 7 credits in at least 5 subjects for the applicants who have graduated from New Zealand.
- Certificate of Education and statement of results, which are issued by the Australian Qualifications Framework for the applicants who have graduated from Australia.
- Other equivalent certificates or diploma, as authorized by the Ministry of Education. **
Remark: ** Other equivalent high school certificates or diplomas must be translated to English and issued or certified by their own government's Ministry of Education, Foreign Ministry, or Embassy or issued in English by their graduated school confirming that graduates of these programs are eligible to apply to regular full-time programs worldwide.
- Applicants must be free from infectious diseases, or other handicaps that can hinder their study.
- Applicants must be able to bear all expenses related to their study.
- Applicants must have good manners and testify to the university that they will be attentive, make fullest use of their capability in their study, and strictly conform to the university’s rules and regulations.
If found lacking in any of the conditions listed above, the applicant will have his or her admission declined, or his or her student’s status nullified immediately.
The Documents Required to be Submitted for Admission
- One copy of high school certificate or diploma or any other equivalent qualification as authorized by the respective country's Ministry of Education or other assigned government agency, which must be translated to English, if issued in any other language and be confirmed by their own government's appropriate Ministry or Embassy or issued in English by the school that issued the graduation record, diploma, or transcript.
- High School Transcripts (Translated to English and get confirmed by their own Embassy or issued in English by their high school or equivalent graduated school.)
- One copy of Identification Card and residence registration for Thai students and copy of passport for foreign applicants.
- Two 3x4 cm. Photos.
- A copy of a name/surname change certificate, if applicable issued by appropriate authority in English.
Assumption University accepts transfer students from institutions where English is the principal language of instruction. In addition to the above, transfer students must also submit:
- Latest official transcript from the University/College attended; and
- Description of courses taken at the University/College
How to Apply
Assumption University offers four methods of application to prospective students:
- Walk-In application:On arrival at Assumption University (any of the university campuses) students must
- Produce Thai ID or passport and original copies of all the mentioned above documents required for admission.
- Fill out the Admission Application form, specify the faculty/major codes, sign their names, write application date and attach one 3x4 cm. photo.
- Submit the Admission Application form and their documents to the Admission Center and pay 500 Baht as the admission-processing fee.
- Email application: To apply via email, the applicant must scan and email the required admission documents mentioned above at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After assessment, the applicant will be informed via email the status of his application. If the documents emailed are incomplete or are not in order with the regulations as specified by with the Ministry of Education, the applicant will be asked to send supplemental documents.
- International students applying from abroad whose applications are approved must send a bank draft of US$ 1,000 payable to Assumption University as a deposit fee. The aforementioned amount will be adjusted to the first enrollment fee during registration. Thai and non-Thai students who have completed their high school or equivalent in Thailand are not required to send the bank draft of 1000USD in order to receive Acceptance Letter.
Please note that the amount deposited
- is non-refundable, once the Letters of Acceptance are issued and mailed to the applicant, except in case of visa rejection.
- will be refunded in form of adjusting to the initial enrollment and tuition fees.
- Upon the receipt of the draft along with other required documents, the university will issue the applicant an Acceptance Letter, which will facilitate the issuance of non-immigrant Thai visa with a stay permit of 90 days. Applicants must produce the acceptance letter to the Royal Thai Consulate in their home country to obtain a student visa and comply with the expected date of arrival stipulated in the Acceptance Letter.
- Mail application: Applicants may mail their application (filled up application form and required documents) to:
Office of the University Registrar
Hua Mak, Bangkapi
Bangkok 10240, Thailand
Applicants are requested to enclose Mailing Address, Email address and other contact details with their applications.
Remarks: On approval note of the application, please refer to item 2. (i), (ii), (iii)
- Fax application: Applicants may fax the admission documents to 66-2-719-1509.
Please provide Mailing Address, Email Address and other contact details with the admission documents.
Remarks: On approval of the application, please refer to item 2. (i), (ii), (iii)
Note: Applicants applying via Email, Mail or Fax must present original admission documents, photographs, passport / Thai ID/ Residence Registration upon arrival at Assumption University.
Admission from non-Thai High SchoolsAccepted candidates will receive the acceptance letter upon their deposition of US$1,000. They must present this letter to Royal Thai Consulate in their home country to obtain a nonimmigrant-Ed visa with a stay permit of 90 days. Tourist visa is not acceptable. Entering Thailand without the proper visa necessitates exit and reentry
- Must have graduated, or to receive graduate status of their high school, successfully completed Grade 12 or other qualifications stated above.
- Optional Test scores
- TOEFL score of 70 (iBT) / 500 (pBT) or above
- IELTS score of 5.0 and above in overall bands with a validity of 2 years
- SAT 1 (Mathematics) score of 500 or above
Remark: The University will consider the applications with a TOEFL score of 173 (CBT) / 70 (iBT)/ 500 (PBT) and above or an IELTS of 5.0 or above to be exempted from the English Placement test and English Intensive course(s). SAT1 (Mathematics) score of 500 or above are exempted from the mathematics Placement test and Mathematics Intensive course or Pre-Calculus .
Kindly specify the score in the Application form for admission and attach copies of the official score (original required at the time of registration).
- Transfer students
The transfer of credits will be approved only under the following conditions:
- The course was completed/is being continued at an accredited institution.
- The course content is equivalent to that specified in the University’s curriculum;
- The course must have been taken within 5 years from the time of application;
- Only a course with an earned grade of “c” or higher in a general education course and an earned grade of “B” or higher in a professional core course will be considered as transferable.
- A maximum of 70 credits can be transferred.
4. For Albert Laurence School of Communication Arts, Majoring in Advertising, Public Relations, Performance Communication, New Media Communication;
- All applicants must take aptitude test.
- The students who pass exam must have the interview with the department.
5. For Albert Laurence School of Communication Arts, Majoring in Visual Communication Design and Generated Imagery;
- All applicants must take drawing and design test. The department will consider minimum score at 150 marks (out of 300 marks) or above in order to enter the program.
- Applicants who transfer from other institutions must submit portfolios to the Department Academic Committee before due date (last day to submit is the last day for admission) specified by the Office of Registrar.
- The result of the portfolios revision and entrance examination will be final. Any objection will not be accepted.
6. For ABAC School of Management, Majoring in Business Economics
Requirements for passing the placement tests of Assumption University:
- 50% or above for Mathematics and
- English placement tests or
- Obtained TOEFL score of 70 (iBT) 500(pBT) or above and SAT 1 (Mathematics) score of 500 or above or passed the Mathematics placement tests with score of 50% or above.
Placement Tests and Interviews
All applicants must take placement tests in English and/or Mathematics. English placement test is intended for applicants whose native language is not English and/or the primary language of instruction has not been English at the previous institution attended/earned the previous degree from and who have not produced the required TOEFL or IELST scores. Some faculties and majors require additional tests and interviews. Exceptions will be made to an individual basis.
Subjects requiring additional testing/Interview
ABAC School of Music
Theory and History of Music
ABAC School of Music
Theory and History of Music
ABAC School of Communication Arts
ABAC School of Communication Arts
Visual Communication Design and Computer Generated Imagery
ABAC School of Architecture
ABAC School of Architecture
- Design: Students must prepare watercolor, poster color or any dexterous medium.
- Drawing: Students must prepare EE grad pencil, eraser, and drawing board.
** These programs only offer in August semester and January semester..
Placement Test Process (Prospective students applying from abroad):
During application period, students are requested to check the placement test schedule from our website and are expected to arrive in Thailand at least 2 working days prior to the test date to receive temporary ID cards and complete other necessary paperwork. Some faculties require applicants to take additional tests as shown in the chart above and are advised to prepare accordingly.
On the test day, please bring your temporary ID card. The tests usually last for 2 hours for each subject and the students will be tested mainly on the proficiency and skills in certain subjects depending on the faculty/department applied for.
Interview Process: Not all the applicants have to face interviews though it is a must for all Communication Arts applicants. Applicants required to go through interviews will be informed on their arrival and will be given the interview schedule.
Interviews usually last for 30 minutes and discussions could be on matters of personal interests or current world affairs.
The university will consider applications with a TOEFL score of 70 (iBT) or above or 500 (pBT) or above or IELTS score of 5.0 or above to be exempted from the English placement test and English intensive course(s). SAT1 (Mathematics) score of 500 or above are exempted from the Mathematics placement test but they have to take Mathematics Exposure (15 hrs.) only.
Intensive Course Policy
Applicants who are not exempted from placement tests or have not obtained exempting scores in the placement tests are required to take intensive courses to improve their knowledge for preparation to study in the University, improve English skills, review Mathematics comprehension and other subjects, concerning with the faculty / major which the applicant has applied for. When applicants have successfully completed intensive course(s), Assumption University will examine the results of the intensive course(s) and properly place the applicants to the appropriate classes for the following semester.
- Intensive English Course
is divided into 2 levels: 60-hour course and 120-hour course. Placement depends on results of the English placement test.
- Intensive Mathematics Course
is divided into 2 levels: 15-hour course, and 60-hour course. Placement depends on results of the Mathematics placement test.
- Other Intensive Courses are French, Chinese, Japanese, Physics, Chemistry, Creative Communication, Drawing, or Theory of Music. Selection of courses depends on the applicants’ academic performance and faculty/department applied for.